Personal data protection
SafeExpat is committed to user privacy.
The policy on protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions is based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC.
An e-service on EUROPA is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and the European institutions on the other hand.
3 types of e-services are, or will be, offered by EUROPA:
- information services that provide people, media, businesses, administrations and others with access to information
- interactive communication services that allow better contact with people, businesses, civil society and public bodies, in order to facilitate policy consultations and feedback
- services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with the EU, such as procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, and acquisition of documents
Information contained in a specific privacy statement
- what information is collected, for what purpose and the technical means by which the SafeExpat collects personal information in order to fulfil a specific purpose
- to whom your information is disclosed
- how you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it
- how long your data is kept
- what security measures are taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access
- whom to contact if you have queries or complaints
Contacting Europa sites
Safexpat.com has a contact button, which activates your e-mail software and invites you to send your comments to a specific mailbox.
When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If the management team of the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your e-mail to another service. You will be informed, via e-mail, about which service your question has been forwarded to.
If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
Collected personal data is stored on a computer of the external subcontractor acting as processor, who must guarantee the data protection and confidentiality required by Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Verifying, modifying or deleting information
If you want to verify, modify or delete your personal data stored by the responsible controllers for the Europa website and its sub-sites, you can email the data controller for the Europa website in DG Communication at the address below. In your email, clearly state your request and include the URL of the website/webpages your request refers to.
Last Update 25/01/2022